The World Congress on Green Buildings 2023 in Berlin and online is a three-day event on all aspects of green buildings (roof, façade and interior greening) with the associated topics (including urban climate, rainwater management, sustainability, city of the future).
The congress will be accompanied by a trade exhibition. The exhibiting companies will also offer information in the online event.
On the third day of the congress, there will be the opportunity to take part in excursions to special projects in Berlin.
The World Congress is organised by the Bundesverband GebäudeGrün e.V. (BuGG) with the support of international and national partners such as the World Green Infrastructure Network (WGIN) and the European Federation of Green Roof & Wall Associations (EFB).
The largest congress on green buildings ever held in Europe offers, among other things:
- over 100 speakers from 29 countries
- over 50 exhibitors at the accompanying trade exhibition
- over 30 cooperation and media partnerships (associations, organisations, institutions)
- imparting knowledge on greening buildings (roof, façade and interior greening)
- Demonstration of best practice examples
- Knowledge transfer by experts from the sector from home and abroad in parallel series of lectures and discussion rounds
- Networking. Meeting point. Addressing new target groups
- Cross-thematic exchange of experience between city representatives, architects, urban planners, urban water management experts, industry and real estate representatives, manufacturers, processors, researchers, associations, politicians and other interested parties.
Green facades and roofs are an important contribution to increasing the quality of life in our cities and communities. They cool in summer and warm in winter, improve the microclimate and air quality, store rainwater and CO2 and assist in saving energy. For plants and animals they are a valuable habitat and for many people – including me – they are an indispensable piece of urban nature.
by the Federal Minister Klara Geywitz, Ministry for Housing, Urban Development and Building,
At the same time, building greening plays an important role in adapting our urban environment to climate change. Heat, drought, heavy rain or floods – cities and communities worldwide have to adapt to profound changes. At the same time, they must transform their infrastructure and building stock for a climate-neutral and sustainable future.
This year’s World Green Infrastructure Congress will strengthen the importance of roof, facade and interior greening for the climate-friendly transformation of cities and communities and further embed it in public awareness. I would like to thank the German Association of Building Greening “Bundesverband GebäudeGrün” with its national and international partners for making this important congress possible. I wish its visitors exciting encounters, stimulating expert discussions and inspiring excursions. See you in Berlin in June!